Specializing in Building High Performance Engineering Teams Through Soft Skills Development for Engineers, Technical Managers and Organizational Leaders
Steven Cerri holds the following degrees:
Since 1999, Steven has helped thousands of technical professionals enhance their communication, management, and leadership skills through innovative training programs, mentoring, published articles, an IEEE-published book, and a popular blog on his website, www.stevencerri.com. As a sought-after speaker in the United States and internationally, he has presented at numerous industry associations including AIAA (American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics), ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers), and IEEE. As an adjunct professor for the prestigious Technology Management Program at the University of California, Santa Barbara, he taught critical communication and business/entrepreneurship skills to graduate students. Some of his clients have included ViewSonic Corp, GeoGraphix (a division of Halliburton), Ball Aerospace and Technologies Corporation, Transzap, Inc., ARDEC (Army Armament University) and NSWC, (Naval Surface Warfare Center).
Steven’s real world experience as an engineer, technical manager, organizational leader, and successful entrepreneur, coupled with his ability to understand and communicate with technical professionals, are what set him apart from other trainers and mentors. He began his career as an aeronautical engineer employed at Rockwell International Corporation working on Skylab, Shuttle, Shuttle Tug, and meteorological satellite programs. Throughout his career, he has managed individuals and teams in government and commercial organizations. He was part of a team that launched Infotec Development, a successful computer systems integration firm focused on Department of Defense programs. It was eventually bought by Pacer Systems; now part of the Titan Group. He has been a program manager, director of corporate training, vice president of engineering, chief operations officer, and divisional general manager.
In every position he has held, it became apparent that Steven had a knack for training and mentoring his direct reports to achieve extraordinary results. With this passion and expertise for teaching others, he eventually launched his own consulting and training organization to assist technical organizations that want their engineers and technical managers to be as effective with people as they are with technology.
- Master of Business Administration, Pepperdine University
- Master of Science, Geophysics, University of Southern California
- Bachelor of Science, Aeronautical Engineering, California Polytechnic University
- Master of Neuro-Linguistic Programming
Author and Adjunct Professor
- Contributing Consultant/Speaker, PBS Television Series “Taking the Lead: The Management 2000 Revolution”
- Outstanding Professor Award, Technology Management Program, UC Santa Barbara, Department of Engineering
- Contributing author to the book: “The Balanced Engineer: Essential Ideas for Career Development”
(Vol 1) published by IEEE
- International Who’s Who of Professional Management
- Current Deputy Director for Career and Workforce Development, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Western Region
- Current board member of District D of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Past Chair, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, San Francisco Section
A PDF version of Steven Cerri’s biography is available for download and can be found in the Media Center of this website at the following link:
Downloadable PDF version of Steven Cerri’s Biography with photo